With more than 15 years of experience in the complementary therapy field, Nigma encompasses all the modalities of Naturopathic practice: Acupuncture/Applying principles of Chinese medicine, botanical medicine, clinical nutrition, homeopathy, and lifestyle counselling, that allows the patient to attain personalised remedies at both her medical centres in Canada and the UK. Nigma's expertise in Naturopathic practice, her familiarity with leading edge diagnostic laboratory testing, skillful assessment of her patients and successful implementation of personalised protocols makes Nigma a heavily sought-after speaker and educator, not only by various healthcare practitioners, but by the media and general public worldwide. Nigma Talib’s client list includes Sienna Miller and Penelope Cruz.
FEMALE FRIDAYS: DR. NIGMA
In this week's Female Fridays, we chat to the incredible Dr. Nigma. Dr. Nigma is a naturopathic doctor based in LA. She is the author of the best-selling book “Reverse the Signs of Ageing” and “Younger Skin Starts in the Gut”. Her passion for creating quality and science-based supplements and skin care has reached consumers internationally and started in Net-A-Porter being one of the first pioneers to introduce vitamin supplements to the fashion industry.
1) What inspired you to start your business? Having seen thousands of patients in my clinics over the years in Vancouver, London, New York and Los Angeles has given me the greatest education about patient needs. There was a gap in the market where I couldn’t find quality nutrients that were safe and effective, so I made my own nutritional supplements and skin care products. My patients were happy to be the ones to test trial them and give me their feedback. I worked with scientists in Europe and the USA in putting together the best and most effective and synergistic ingredients.
2) What have been your greatest challenges? Building a team is difficult as the right people are hard to find, even though you give them every opportunity to succeed but, having said that I remain positive and hopeful and I adore, value and appreciate the team I have today.
3) What have been your greatest rewards? The 5-star reviews patients and customers send us on how the nutritional supplements and skin care have changed their life and have helped them have optimal health and wellness.
4) What advice would you give to your younger self? When something is hard it’s only hard because it’s new, always remind yourself to never give up. Once you learn it, it will be as easy as riding a bike.
5) What advice would you give young, female entrepreneurs? Nothing is easy; if it’s easy then everyone would do it. Every hurdle is a challenge for you to grow and learn. Only optimise businesses make it.
6) What’s your vision for the future of your business? I see my line expanding into other area that can help people with their mental health and wellness. I want to be able continue to teach people who use the Dr. Nigma line what they can do in their life to optimise their health and wellness.