Forget eating green, it’s all about purple food this year. Exotic and packed full of promise, the new superfood, Açai is filled with antioxidants, amino acids, fibre, essential fatty acids, and vitamins making it perfect for when it comes to needing a much needed energy boost. Consumed all over the world in the forms of juices, smoothie bowls, and powders, it is definitely the trend that is slowly but surely escalating up in the levels of health food recognition. So give your body a healthy treat in the form of Açai with our favourite recipes.
– 1 frozen banana
– 1 cup of strawberries
– 1/2 a cup of blueberries
– 1/2 a cup of raspberries
– 2 medjool dates
– 1 tablespoon of almond butter
– 1 heaped tablespoon of acai powder
– 1 heaped teaspoon of baobab powder
(You can add a handful of spinach too if you want some more greens and it won’t really alter the awesome flavour!)
- Simply place everything into a blender and blend until smooth!
- 4 tablespoons of acai powder
- 2 frozen bananas (you could get away with only one)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1 cup of liquid (I typically use water or almond milk)
-Blend together all of the ingredients in a blender.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tablespoon açaí powder
- 1 cup medjool dates (about 15)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Add the dates to a blender or food processor and process until they form a sticky paste (you can also finely chop them).
- Melt together the cashew butter, syrup and coconut oil, then add this mixture, along with the date paste, in the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. You might have to use your hands to get everything really incorporated!
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment, then dump the contents of the bowl into the pan. Press down to flatten with your hands, then press again with a flat bottomed glass or jar. Press down firmly to really compact the ingredients.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, then remove and slice into squares.
- Store in the fridge or on the counter for up to 5 days.