Did you know that 74% of UK adults felt so stressed this last year they felt overwhelmed and unable to cope?
And 65% described their stress as worse than before due to the Covid-19 pandemic, largely due to disconnection, uncertainty and a worrying loss of control.
Stress is a modern day epidemic due to its far reaching, hugely damaging physical and mental effects. However, it is still not taken as seriously as physical health concerns despite causing or exacerbating:
- Mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety and personality disorders
- Cardiovascular disease including heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhymns, heart attack and stroke
- Obesity and other eating disorders
- Menstrual problems
- Sexual dysfunction, such as impotence and premature ejaculation in men and loss of sexual desire in both men and women
- Skin and hair problems such as acne, psoriasis and eczema, and permanent hair loss
- Gastrointestinal problems, such as Gerd, ulcerative colitis, and irritable colon
Combine all that with greater levels of insomnia and you have yourself a whole host of additional physical and mental health risks to consider.
April is Stress Awareness Month and the focus is regaining connection, certainty and control.
The good news is Oxygen Boutique has an endless assortment of tried, tested and loved remedies to rid you of the mental and physical weight of stress.
We’ve selected a few of our favourites: