Ahh the September glow!
We all look and feel brand new after a summer break- after all, a bit of rest and relaxation is food for the body and soul. But why stop the feeling in September? Incorporating our excellent assortment of wellness supplements into your daily lifestyle can assist you to benefit from optimizing your health. From organic protein to superfood powders, feeling your best has never been easier… and tastier.
Here are 10 ideas to satisfy any craving without the guilt…
Banana, Pear & Vanilla Smoothie Bowl
Vanilla Banana Ice Cream
1/2 cup of cashew milk
1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
Chocolate & Pomegranate Festive Tarts
1¼ cup oats (I used gluten free oats)
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 cup pitted Medjool dates
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 tbsp coconut oil (no need to melt)
3 tbsp water
2 small-medium avocado
3 tablespoon cacao
4 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoon coconut cream (the fat from a can of coconut milk)*
½ pomegranate, deseeded
Prepare crust by adding almonds, oats and cacao to a food processor. Blend on high until it forms a fine crumb. Add in dates, salt, coconut oil and blend. The mixture should start to form a dough, but if it's too dry add in the water a tbsp at a time until it sticks together.
Lightly grease tart tins with a little coconut oil. Press crust into tins and set aside in the fridge.
Empty out food processor and add in all filling ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and glossy.
Spoon dollops of filling into each crust and top with chopped chocolate and pomegranate. These keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. MAKES 6 * To make sure your can of coconut milk has coconut cream in it – shake the can before you buy it. if you can’t hear much water in there, you know you’ve got a good one! You can also pop it in the fridge overnight to aid with the separation process. In the morning, the fat will have risen to the top. Save the water to use in smoothies and oatmeal.
Super Berry breakfast bowl
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
½ cup frozen strawberries
½ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon maca powder
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth or an ice cream consistency.
1 cup Spinach
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 cup Chopped Mango
1/2 cup Chopped Pineapple
2 Handfuls of Spinach
2 cups Organic Apple Juice
1/2 Cucumber Peeled + Sliced1/2 Lemon Squeezed
1 cup Almond Milk
1/2 cup Cucumber Peeled + Sliced
1 cup Seedless Grapes
2 Celery Stalks Peeled + Sliced
2 tsp Honey
Papaya, Coconut & Ginger Smoothie
2 passion fruit, pulp scooped out
1/ 3 cup (80 ml) coconut milk
1/ 3 cup (80 ml) coconut water
4 ice cubes
1 tablespoon Vanilla Inner Beauty Powder
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cm knob ginger, peeled
Almond Cinnamon Pancakes with Glow Yoghurt Berry Compote
1/ 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/ 4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 large organic eggs, separated
1/ 4 cup (60ml – 2 fl oz) drinking coconut milk
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon ghee, melted & cool, plus extra for cooking
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (unpasteurised)
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons GLOW Inner Beauty Essential
2 teaspoons cacao nibs
2. To prepare the GLOW yoghurt, mix the yoghurt and GLOW together in a small bowl, to combine. Set aside.
3. To prepare the pancakes, place the almond meal, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a blender and pulse to combine. Add the egg yolks, coconut milk, maple syrup, ghee and vinegar and blend to make a smooth batter.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the whites, until soft peaks form.
5. Gradually pour the batter into the whites, folding to combine.
6. To cook the pancakes, heat a large non-stick or cast-iron frying pan over low-medium heat. Dip some kitchen paper into ghee and rub over the hot pan to lightly grease.
7. Cook the pancakes three at a time, spooning ¼ cup (60ml – 2 fl oz) of the batter for each one around the pan, allowing a little room between each. Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until the base is golden brown. Using a metal spatula run around underneath the edge of the pancakes to ensure they aren’t stuck. The pancakes are very light and soft. Carefully flip in one motion. Cook for 1 minute, or until golden brown. Transfer onto a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside. Repeat with the remaining batter.
8. To serve, stack the pancakes, top with glow yoghurt and berry compote. Scatter with cacao nibs.
Chocolate, Raspberry & Mint Smoothie
1/3 cup (80 g) coconut yoghurt
1/4 cup (60 g) fresh or frozen raspberries
1 large handful of mint leaves
1 1/2 tablespoons Chocolate Inner Beauty Powder
4 ice cubes
Stevia equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste