Baobab Clay Oxygenating CleanserRegular price £50.00 GBP Sale price £25.01 GBP Save 50%
African Botanics Baobab Clay Oxygenating Cleanser
/ Detoxifying Balancing Cleanser /
Skin balancing, water soluble facial cleanser that eliminates impurities and unclogs pores without over-drying or irritating with pH 4.88. Designed to help regulate sebum production leaving skin with a soft matte finish while calming the epidermis and reducing redness.
Ideal for people exposed to urban stress, pollution, harsh, dry climates or for frequent travelers and is recommended for normal, combination, dull, unbalanced, seborrheic and sensitive skin.
Texture: Silky creamy-gel
• Normal, combination
• Unbalanced skin
• Oily, blemished and acne-prone
• Dull and congested skin
• Draws out impurities and pollutants
• Hydrates while it purifies
• Tones and refines skin
• Evens out skin’s tone
Active Ingredients and Technology
• Baobab Fruit: Baobab has the highest antioxidant content of any fruit. Baobab fruit has twice the antioxidants gram per gram of goji berries and more than blueberries and pomegranates combined. Targets discoloration, and helps minimize the look of fine lines while providing protection from free radicals*.
• Clay: refines pores and accelerates healing of acne and blemishes. Removes excess oil and reduces pore size.
• Marula Oil: Contains a high antioxidant count and is rich in many skin-benefiting micro-nutrients and essential fatty acids, especially Omega 9. In addition to its protecting and regenerative effects, Marula oil also helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, soothe redness and sensitivity and helps prevent free radical damage. High levels of Omega 9 - Oleic Acid (80%), palmitic and stearic fatty acids are critical for rapid penetration – meaning this oil sinks in quickly to promote intense repair and seal in precious moisture. Marula Oil is rich in Tocopherols, Tocotrienols, Flavonoids, Phenolic compounds and Phytosterols - these antioxidants help protect against free radicals and daily environmental stressors*.
• Aloe Ferox: Wild grown on the rocky slopes in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Cape Aloe has a higher level of the vital polysaccharides and is 20 times more potent than the aloe vera. Cape Aloe stimulates normal lymphocytes and possesses enzymes which stimulate the growth of new cells*.
• Jasmine: Provides a mood-enhancing scent and is a natural astringent with antimicrobial benefits.
• Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate: A stable, water-soluble form of vitamin C that functions as an antioxidant and is potentially effective for brightening an uneven skin tone*.
• African potato: A medicinal plant in the Hypoxidaceae family. It contains a high concentration of plant sterols. Researchers have found that plant sterols greatly enhance the functioning of T-cells, which control and regulate the immune system, and possess potent anti-inflammatory properties similar to cortisone, but without the side-effects. African potato also contains active antimicrobial and antioxidant-rich compounds which help to purify and protect the skin*.
• Star anise: Contains anethole which is extremely effective in detoxifying the skin. It also contains tannins which help tone the skin by strengthening the muscles' firmness, preventing sagging.
• Kigelia: Rich in antioxidants including flavonoids, steroidal saponins, phytosterols and quercetin. These antioxidants protect skin against damage caused by UV radiation and can inhibit some enzyme functions. Kigelia extract has proven skin tightening and firming properties, while reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
* Test performed on ingredient
AM / PM. Massage onto damp face, neck and decollete, using light circular movements for 1 minute concentrating on areas of congestion. Remove with a warm, damp face cloth or rinse well with water. Repeat as needed. Follow with African Botanics essence, serums/face oil and moisturizer.
Full Ingredient List
Aqua (Water), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin (Vegetable), Adansonia Digitata (Baobab)** Fruit Powder, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula)** Seed Oil, Aloe Ferox (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Jasmine Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Bentonite (White Clay), Hypoxis Hemerocallidea (African Potatoe) Extract, Citris Sinensis (Orange) Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Oil, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Kigelia** Africana Fruit Extract, Propanediol, Citric Acid, Parfum (Natural), Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
**Wild-Harvested, ethically and responsibly sourced. Vegan, Cruelty-Free. Free of parabens, phthalates, PEGs, SLSs, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, animal components and GMOs.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. To confirm that African Botanics product is suitable for your personal use, please consult the list of ingredients that is included on the product packaging.
African Botanics is committed to reducing stress on the environment. All their boxes are made from 100% post-consumer paper. Baobab Clay Oxygenating cleanser comes in a 100% recyclable high-gloss tube and screw cap. Once you are done with your product, please separate the cap from the tube before placing it in the recycling bin.